2020.6 - Present
• Building an automatic knowledge extraction system for every product in the world.
Applied Scientist Intern
Mentor: Dr. Han Wang, Amazon Alexa AI, 2019.5 - 2019.8
• Built an entity linking system over the entire Amazon music knowledge graph
• Proposed a novel multi-grained matching approach to improve Alexa’s NLU performance with knowledge graph [INTERSPEECH’20].
Advisor: Prof. Kathleen M. Carley, CASOS, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015.8 - 2020.5
• Proposed multiple methods for semantic modeling sentence pairs, with an application on aspect-level sentiment classiﬁcation [EMNLP’19, EMNLP’18, SBP-BRiMS’18].
• Modeling social media users with various types of features, eg. text, categorical features, network, for user attributes prediction [EMNLP’19, TNSE’18, SBP-BRiMS’17, CIKM’17].
• Developed a high throughput tweet collection system. Collected and analyzed more than 40 billion tweets (16TB after compression) from 20 million users using Spark [ASONAM’19, ASONAM’17]
Advisor: Prof. Xiaogang Jin, AI Lab, Zhejiang University, 2014-2015
• Conducted research on analyzing Wikipedia editing pattern.
• A Large-Scale Empirical Study of Geotagging Behavior on Twitter, ASONAM 2019 [Slides]
• Syntax-Aware Aspect Level Sentiment Classiﬁcation with Graph Attention Networks, Amazon Alexa AI, 2019/06 [Slides]
• Aspect Level Sentiment Classiﬁcation with Attention-over-Attention Neural Networks, SBP-BRiMS 2018 [Slides]
• A Large-Scale Empirical Study of Geotagging Behavior on Twitter, CASOS Summer Institute, 2018/06 [Slides]
• On Predicting Geolocation of Tweets Using Convolutional Neural Networks, SBP-BRiMS 2017 [Slides]
• Reviewer for Journal of Computational Social Science (JCSO), 2020
• Reviewer for International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM), 2019 & 2020
• Reviewer for Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, 2018 & 2020
• PC member for Web Science Conference, 2020
• Reviewer for Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2020
• Reviewer for journal Social Network Analysis and Mining, 2019 & 2020
• PC member for International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation (SBP-BRiMS), 2019 & 2020
• Reviewer for Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the ACL (NAACL), 2019
• Reviewer for IEEE Intelligent Systems, 2019
• Reviewer for the journal of Neural Network, 2019
• Reviewer for IEEE Access, 2019
• Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 2018
• Reviewer for International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation (SBP-BRiMS), 2018